≡ Menu

Name Change Steps

Family Law Columbia MOIt is common for individuals to change their name in the event of marriage or divorce, which is a relatively simple process involving showing proof of marriage or divorce at the Social Security office and Department of Motor Vehicles. However, if you desire to change your name for reasons other than marriage or divorce, the process is much more complicated, involving filing a petition for name change with the court, posting notification in the newspaper and receiving final permission from the court.

As a family law firm in Columbia, MO, we are frequently asked to help take care of things like this.

Contact us at (573) 449-2929. Make the process smooth and simple by meeting with us. We will guide you through the process to change your name as quickly and painlessly as possible.